After opening Server Manager it start collecting data, then I was getting an error and Roles nor Features will show. This is how I fixed this issue:
- Download the Microsoft System Update Readiness Tool from this link and run it.
- It might take a while to install but as long as you don’t get any errors just wait.
- Once completed, open the log file created at:
- In my case, this is what I got from the log file:
- You can quickly realize there were 2 corrupted files. These are located at:
- Take ownership of these individual files and rename them to .OLD for example.
- Copy the same files from an updated Server 2008 R2.
- Test Server Manager and it should be working again, like it did for me.