Trying to demote a Domain Controller the process fails with: Active Directory Domain Services could not transfer the remaining data in directory partition DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=domain,DC=com to Active Directory Domain Controller \\domaincontroller.domain.com. "The directory service is missing mandatory configuration information, and is unable to determine.more
To do this, you need to format the Sync Center database.more
- Launch the Registry Editor (RegEdit.exe)
- Navigate to: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CSC\Parameters
- Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value called FormatDatabase with a value of 1
- Restart. This Registry key will be deleted after restart as well as.
To clear the Read Only attribute on a disk launch the Command Prompt and use the DISKPART tool:more
- LIST DISK (displays a list of disks and information about them)
- SELECT DISK n (select the specified disk and sets the focus to it;.